Jodie teaches Teacher Training sessions in New York City and throughout the US and Europe every year. Please see below for details and check back for the latest schedule.
Teacher Training Schedule:
|January 12 – May 20th, 2018||200 hr YW TT Extended Weekend format||Better Bodies Yoga Memphis, Tennessee|
|August 6th – 31st, 2018||200 hr YW TT Intensive format||NYC|
|September 8th – Nov. 11th, 2018||20 hr YW TT Weekend format||NYC|
|August 2018 – February, 2019||300hr YW Professional Program||NYC|
200 HOUR INTENSIVE FORMAT*
Transform Your Practice
Gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga and advance your practice, develop confidence, and find your voice.
Whether you want to deepen your practice or teach yoga, this foundational yoga training is designed to give you a transformational experience. For those who want to teach, our comprehensive teacher training program is the gold standard and will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
What You’ll Learn
- Foundational yoga postures: proper alignment, benefits and potential risks
- Principles of anatomy
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- An introduction into subtle body, Ayurveda and meditation
- Hands on adjustments
- How to observe and see bodies
- The art of the voice
- The science and art of sequencing a yoga class
- Confidence though practice teaching
*Graduation from a United States Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour training is required to enroll in our 300-hour program. If your 200-hour training was not through YogaWorks, you will be required to take our 75-hour bridge program. Please note if you are not already registred with US Yoga Alliance at the 200-Hour level, you will not be approved for your RYT 500 registration. Not all trainings require a bridge program. Please ask your program advisor.
300 HOUR PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
Define Yourself as a Yoga Teacher
You have 200 hours of training under your mat.* You can guide students through an intelligent, effective yoga class. Now it’s time to master yoga as a life path.
Through a dedicated apprenticeship and by participating in professional workshops, our comprehensive program will help you hone your unique teaching style and voice. What makes YogaWorks’ 300-hour program stand out?
OUR PERSONAL APPROACH
The mentor relationship was originally how yoga was passed down to new teachers and YogaWorks continues this effective learning tradition. Not all 300-Hour programs include the apprenticeship. Please ask your program advisor.
- One-on-one mentor relationship to guide you throughout the program and beyond
- Observing and assisting your mentor in class
- A final project designed to help define yourself as a yoga teacher
- Addressing yoga teaching questions and discussions in small group meetings with your mentor and other students
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR DEEPER LEARNING
To add to your teaching tool kit, you will participate in workshops on a wide variety of teaching topics, including:
- Teaching vinyasa flow and advanced asana
- Practicing hands-on adjustments
- Injury assessment and management
- Understanding restorative yoga and yoga for chronic illness
- Deeper meditation, subtle body and yoga philosophy studies
- Tailoring classes for beginners and pregnant women
- Understanding the business of yoga
THE 300-HOUR PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN THREE FORMATS:
- 6 Month Program: Offered in Los Angeles, New York and Baltimore
- 4-Part Modular Program: take at your own pace: Offered in Orange County and Northern California
Intensive Format: Offered in select international locations
Graduates are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 500.